Below are the steps to admission in the Recovered Living NZ programme.
We will do our very best to work with you to make the admission process as smooth as possible.
Please note the length of our waitlist is approximately 6 weeks at this time.
Our Preliminary Entry Criteria
Please check that you can answer yes or n/a to the below questions.
- You are coming to our programme voluntarily
- You are 16 or older if enquiring about our programme.
- You are aware of our estimated programme cost projections (detailed below) and are able to meet these. Please note our minimum length of stay is 4 weeks.
- To the best of your knowledge you are medically stable (ie do not require hospitalisation)
- Any dual mental health diagnoses are either manageable or stable (ie do not require psychiatric hospitalisation)
- You are willing to keep yourself safe while in programme with us (we do not allow self-harm, however we will support you if you have urges)
- You are able to either eat solid food or complete liquid supplements - we do not tube feed at RLNZ
- If you have diabetes, you do not require insulin.
- The RLNZ home is privately owned and therefore smoking or vaping is not allowed on the premises. If you smoke or vape, you are willing to use patches or abstain while in our programme.
Register for a phone assessment
If you are interested in coming to RLNZ and you meet our preliminary entry criteria above, please register for a complementary phone assessment below so that we can both decide if RLNZ is the right place for you. Please note the assessment is very thorough - we ask that you put aside 1.5 - 2 hours for this call. If you have general questions about our programme that are not covered on our FAQ’s page, please email our office and we will gladly answer them for you.
Our GP will review your medical assessment to ensure you are medically stable and therefore safe to enter our programme. Our clinical team will review your phone assessment to create an individualised treatment plan, given your symptoms, goals and individual challenges. We will then email you our financial agreement to read and sign and will ask for a security deposit to confirm your place on our waitlist.
Once we have received the signed financial agreement and security deposit, you will be placed on our waitlist. We admit clients on a first come, first served basis and we will keep you informed as to your anticipated admission date. We aim to give you at least two weeks notice of an admission date so that you have time to prepare for coming into our programme.
We will ask you to complete a pre-admission medical with your GP in the 14 days prior to entering the RLNZ home to ensure you are physically well enough to be admitted into our programme.
On the day of your admission we can pick you up from Christchurch airport or you are welcome to be dropped off by a whānau/family member or friend. If you wish, your whānau/family or friend is welcome to be with you during the admission process and to tour the Recovered Living NZ home.
Please be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as the Overview of our Programme.